GOOD HOPE SCHOOL
Notes to Applicants for Admission to Secondary One
2018 - 2019
Application forms will be available from 9 October 2017 to 26 October 2017. Forms can be obtained from the:
(2) School website: Application Notes & Form
(b) Return of Application Form
Application deadline: 12:00 noon, 27 October 2017
Please submit the following to the school IN PERSON:
The Selection Process comprises two parts:
I. Academic performance and Conduct 50%
II. Co-curricular activities, service and special talents in school 25%
(2) Applicants who have successfully passed the Preliminary Screening will be invited to attend the first interview. Parents will be notified by post by 18 December 2017.
(b) First Interview : 6 January 2018
(1) Short-listed applicants will be invited to attend the first interview on 6 January 2018.
(2) Application fee in the form of a crossed cheque for $50 payable to “Good Hope School” will be collected.
(3) The student interview will be conducted in English and Putonghua. Applicants will be selected according to the following criteria:
I. Problem-solving skills and logical thinking ability
II. Communication skills
(c) Second Interview : 27 January 2018
Short-listed applicants and their parents will be invited to attend the second interview with the Principal, Vice Principals and senior teachers on 27 January 2018.
(3) Applicants on reserve will be notified in due course.
Local : Secondary 1 – Secondary 3 : $35,000 (10 monthly instalments)
Secondary 4 – Secondary 6 : $45,000 (10 monthly instalments)
Non-local*: Secondary 1 – Secondary 3 : $94,349 (10 monthly instalments)
Secondary 4 – Secondary 6 : $117,626 (10 monthly instalments)
*For the criteria of ‘non-local students’, please refer to EDB(CR)3/196/13 on the Education Bureau website.
*School fees for non-local students are subject to change on a yearly basis in accordance with the Government's DSS unit subsidy.
Needy students, including those from families receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) and students receiving financial assistance provided by the Student Financial Assistance Agency (SFAA), can apply for fee remission. For details, please visit : http://www.ghs.edu.hk/sec/fee_remission.htm.
(d) Scholarships and Subsidies
The School offers both
academic and non-academic scholarships and subsidies. For details, please visit
Guidelines for Tuition Scholarships for Choir/Instrumental Team Members (Eng vison)
Application Form for Tuition Scholarships for Choir/Instrumental Team Members (Eng vison)